exit white knight, stage right

Somewhere, a million conservative voices cried out in agony and were abruptly silent:

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."


Succinct. Luckily for Fred, there's already a suggested farewell speech pre-written for him courtesy of Fredstate. So ending his campaign should be even less work than running it.

When - not if - McCain wins the GOP nomination, watch for him to pick Fred as his running mate. Then all the gnashing of teeth from those who argue that McCain is absolutely unacceptable will promptly be forgotten as the inclusion of Fred! on the ticket suddenly demonstrates McCain's genuine commitment to conservative ideals, or something.

Oh, and Fredstate assures us, it's not the end for Fred Thompson. Stage 1: denial...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

A fair solution to Jerusalem