netroots for Noriega

Charles Kuffner has been doing yeoman's work in promoting Rick Noriega's candidacy to run against Senator Cornyn. via email,

You may have heard that Cornyn has drawn a couple of serious Democratic challengers for next year. I'm an enthusiastic supporter of one of those challengers, State Representative Rick Noriega of Houston. I've blogged about why I want Rick Noriega to be my next Senator, but I'll give you the two-second overview: He's a strong progressive (100% rating from he Texas Planned Parenthood PAC, for example) with excellent credentials, and I think he's exactly the right person to run against Cornyn. You can read more about him here: http://www.ricknoriega.com/about.html - his website is still a work in progress, but that should be a good start.


Noriega seems to want to avoid a primary, which is an unfortunate position to take. Still, as a candidate I agree with Charles he probably represents the best shot against Cornyn. The Texas liberal bloggers are trying to garner 800 donations for Noriega on ActBlue, so if you want to help turn Texas Blue, consider chipping in a few bucks. Even as little as $5 helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism