Ari "Can't spell 'liar' without 'A-R-I'" Fleischer resigns

Bush Spokesman Quits for Private Sector

By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer

WASHINGTON - White House press secretary Ari Fleischer (news - web sites), the public face of the Bush administration through two wars and a terrorist attack, said Monday he will resign in July to enter the private sector.


"I love this job," Fleischer told reporters at his informal Monday morning briefing. "I believe deeply about President Bush (news - web sites) as a man and I believe deeply in his policies, but it's my time to go."


He would not speculate on who would take his place, but presidential aides said deputy press secretary Scott McClellan was the likely successor, although there are other possibilities.


Fleischer said he wanted to leave the hard-driving job before Bush's re-election campaign geared up.


"I want to do something more relaxing — like dismantle live nuclear weapons," he quipped...."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20030519/ap_on_go_pr_wh/fleischer_resigns_18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism