Friday, October 12, 2007
Gore Derangement Syndrome (GDS) watch
* Gore is a "sanctimonious lardbutt" according to the Telegraph
* Gore is the "secular high priest" according to Kowalski at RedState
* the Nobel is a "consolation prize" according to Moe Lane at Redstate
* Charles Bird accuses Gore of impropriety for donating his prize money to the nonprofit advocacy group, the Alliance for Climate Protection, because Gore is the chairman of the board.
* Ann Althouse calls Gore a coward.
* Ian Murray at the National Review says Gore should share the prize with Osama bin Laden, because they're the same, or something.
DiscussionPost a Comment
Obama 2008 - I want my country back
Nation-Building was founded by Aziz Poonawalla in August 2002 under the name Dean Nation. Dean Nation was the very first weblog devoted to a presidential candidate, Howard Dean, and became the vanguard of the Dean netroot phenomenon, raising over $40,000 for the Dean campaign, pioneering the use of Meetup, and enjoying the attention of the campaign itself, with Joe Trippi a regular reader (and sometime commentor). Howard Dean himself even left a comment once. Dean Nation was a group weblog effort and counts among its alumni many of the progressive blogsphere's leading talent including Jerome Armstrong, Matthew Yglesias, and Ezra Klein. After the election in 2004, the blog refocused onto the theme of "purple politics", formally changing its name to Nation-Building in June 2006. The primary focus of the blog is on articulating purple-state policy at home and pragmatic liberal interventionism abroad.