Blogger joins Brownback campaign

I've had my disagreements with Leon at Redstate, but he's a genuine and principled man. His record on Harriet Miers alone should suffice to prove he was no partisan hack for hackery's sake. And his announcement that he'll be working for Brownback strikes a familiar chord:

Whenever I talk to people about Brownback, the consensus response I get is, “I like him probably better than all the rest of the candidates, but he can’t win.” It’s sentiments like this that ignore the greatest, but often forgotten, reality of politics: the surest way to not win a general election is to pick a candidate based upon electability. Besides which, the number of people I hear this sentiment from indicates that Brownback may actually have a better shot than people believe, if people can be convinced to vote for the man they truly believe is right for the job.


Reminds me of a candidate I once supported named Howard...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism