Inhofe


Sen. Inhofe (R-OK): First of all, I regret I wasn't here on Friday. I was unable to be here. But maybe it's better that I wasn't because as I watch this outrage that everyone seems to have about the treatment of these prisoners I have to say and I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment.

The idea that these prisoners, they're not there for traffic violations. If they're in cell block 1A or 1B, these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents, and many of them probably have American blood probably on their hands and here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals.


During today's hearing on Abu Ghraib Inhofe went on in this vein for some time, pronouncing himself "outraged by the outrage."

Senator McCain walked out. Other Republicans are being asked which side they're on, Inhofe's or McCain's?

I think we at Dean Nation have an opportunity here. Is there any way to get a dignified demonstration at Inhofe's Oklahoma office against these remarks?

Even a flash mob would be worthwhile...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism