Dean and Kerry

The link above goes to the Yahoo News photo archive of Dean's meeting with Kerry today. Dean was given a standing ovation by the Kerry staff. I've archived a few of the better photos here so they don't expire.

I think that having voted for Dean yesterday, and seeing Dean embrace Kerry (though not yet endorse, though that is surely coming) has been good for me in a sense. I know I felt as disappointed as anyone else that we wouldn't see a Dean Administration. I can now finally let go of that dream - and with no regrets.

I certainly won't call this "closure" though - because that implies an end, and we all know that Dean ain't done yet.



Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean reacts to applauding Kerry campaign staffers as he and Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry , D-Mass., enter the Kerry campaign headquarters in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, March 10, 2004. Dean, the former Democratic presidential frontrunner, came to Washington to meet with Kerry. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

I've cast my vote for Dean. I will vote for Kerry against Bush in November and do so without any qualms. Kerry and Dean are the same person compared to the ideological and craven divide that separates them from George W. Bush.

However, I am not committing financial resources to Kerry, yet. We still need to retire Dean's debt - which he incurred in the process of giving US back the power. It's our debt too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

A fair solution to Jerusalem