open thread: Dean Nation

I've rec'd a number of emails asking about the future of Dean Nation, and I wanted to share my thoughts with all of you. First of all, this is OUR community, not mine. I am eternally grateful to have such talented and diverse co-bloggers here and I hope they continue to use this site as a platform for their own ideas opinions. I intend to continue to blog about Dean here as well, because frankly he's still our man and while winning is good, succeeding is more important.

The thing that unifies all of us until the convention will be our continued resolve to VOTE DEAN. I intend to tell my children, when they ask about what it was like to live through the historical election of 2004, that I proudly cast a vote for Howard Dean. If anything I am more determined to buy a few more bumper stickers and do some more Dean visibility to remind people that front-runners and primary schedules aside, there is still room for idealism in this election cycle.

I also have begun a blog focused on John Kerry's candidacy, to which I only have Anybody-But-Bush loyalties. I encourage anyone who wants to critically analyse Kerry's showdown against Bush to join me at JFK Skeptic. But Dean Nation remains focused on Dean, not Kerry - and we have a LOT left to talk about, debate, and even argue :)

We are Dean Nation. We raised $40,000 dollars for Howard Dean, we launched Meetup, heck we even got a Ben and Jerry's flavor! We are here to stay. Please chime in with what this community means to you and the direction you want things to go here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism