Liability? Hah!

Via the O-blog, awesome awesome awesome interview in People Magazine with Howard Dean and Judith Steinberg Dean -- please note the coloquial nature of the interview -- "Howard" "Judy" and tons of great and largely unreported personal stories. Brilliant! The right message with the right publication at the right time.
Howard: We had a great time dating in New York. One time we went someplace in the East Village called the Cauldron. It was fantastic; great food. And it was snowing. And I mean it was really snowing. It snowed about eight inches or nine inches. And the subway comes about every half-hour and the neighborhood was not all that great anyway at one o'clock in the morning, or twelve o'clock in the morning. And of course there was no such thing as a taxi, so we walked back to 72nd Street.

Judy: Howard mostly dragged me because I was wearing nice shoes that would slip and slide every time in the snow. We walked a lot of blocks. Mostly, Howard dragged me.

Howard: It's about 70 blocks. [...]

Judy: Well, I pay for the heat because I like to turn the heat up. He pays for the phone calls because he's the one to talk on the phone. And so we sort of split it like that so that something I like to spend money on ? like heat ? that he doesn't, he doesn't see the bills. Because when he's home, he turns it way, way down and I'd get up in the morning and I was frozen.

Howard: So we fought about that for about a year and then we just figured instead of Judy yelling at me about the phone and I yell at her about the heat, she just pays the heat bill, I pay the phone bill and that's it. Problem solved. [...]

Q: Could you see yourself presiding as hostess over a state dinner with world leaders and celebrities?

Judy: Well, I haven't really thought about it. I think I could probably do it — with a little help.
What can I say? She'll have plenty of help, will she not Dean Nation? I love Dean, but now I love THE DEANS! And, to be honest, I cannot recall any political couple giving a more candid interview, ever. Who knew People Magazine could make news?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism