CNN Presents canvassing with Joe Trippi and the Texas Rangers

Tonight make sure you tune in to CNN presents. It runs at 8pm eastern time. They'll be running the piece that was filmed yesterday when we canvassed with Trippi & TX director Glen Maxey. They will also be showing a bit of the Texas snowball fight. Keep your eyes peeled for me. At one point I got beaned in the head and my hat flew off, heh, which should be pretty funny to watch. *smile*
I've just arrived at HQ and canvassing is going to start in about 30 minutes. Right now the Storm Center is packed with volunteers and, naturally, tons of press. Oh, speaking of the press, for some reason the FAUX news satellite truck has a Dean bumper sticker on it. Heh. No I did not do, I don't know who did, but it was still there this morning. Thanks for finally getting on board, FAUX! *wink*
And I apologise for last night's incoherent post. I was literally running on four hours of sleep over two days. I wanted to write more about Tim Russert's visit, so I'll do so now. Tim was actually very charming in person, and much larger than he looks on tv. He's got to be at least 6 feet tall. Anyway, he was really nice to everyone and took the time to pose for pictures with everyone who asked, but he wouldn't pose with Flat Howard or put on his Storm hat. Naturally I had to give him a bit of crap for that. He kept saying "I've got to be impartial." I told him, "Oh okay, we see how you are. You just came for the free stuff." Then he replied that if he posed with Flat Howard, we'd put it on the blog. Of course we would, Tim. Then I was told that MTP has a staff dedicated to reading the blogs, and had a brief conversation with Tim's assistant, who told me that they love the blogs and they read them all. So if you ever doubt that the media is getting our message, rest assured they are. They just don't know what to do with it yet.
A northerner blew in last night, and we awoke to temperatures of 17 degrees. It is FREEZING! I'm kinda upset because I've lost my ski gloves. I have a sneaking suspicion that I left them at HQ in my tired haze... Everyone is bundled up tight and the energy level is through the roof. Today will probably be the day that we put it over the top.
Now I read Dana's post below and he's pretty much got it right. At this point we are ground troops following orders form our commanders. We know our mission, we are focused and determined, and we are executing the plan. Don't believe the pundits if they're already writing our obituaries. I have a gut feeling that we are going to win this thing. Our organisation is *amazing*. The only other candidate that really seems to have a ton of people on the ground is Dick Gephardt. I've seen quite a few Gephardt folks around our hotel (I think actually that our hotel is ground zero for the Gep volunteer camp) and on the streets, one Edwards supporter on Friday, and a sea of Dean people. Literally a seas of Dean people. *smile*
Well folks, I need to run and go get on a canvassing team. I'll post an update when I get back, provided my fingers haven't frozen solid. Send us some good, warm vibes Dean Nation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism