The Spin Room: An Inside Look At What Goes On After Howard Dean Wins The Debate!

I was pretty tired when I got home from the final candidate's debate at the University of New Hampshire at Durham. With all those college undergrads exercising their right to demonstrate on campus, unh_gauntlet.JPGit made me nostalgic for the old days at GWU in DC when we used to hit the Mall quite often for protests. I took a little video of them here, but was a little late at the time so I couldn't stop to ask them where Dean's people were in this Gauntlet of supporters for the other candidates.
QuickTime
56KDownload file
100KDownload file
Windows
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

I assure you that I did see plenty of Dean supporters everywhere else, though. Probably a better strategy--the KKK was there as well so the whole thing seemed a little on edge.

Before I made my way into the Spin Room, I stumbled upon my old pal Oatis from D.C. days. He had his satellite communications trucks there and his Live On Site team was doing the uplink for ABC News. Oatis.JPG
We used to work in the Clinton White House together. We hooked up after the debate which I knew would be trouble since I had events to cover the next day but...

The Spin Room had our friends from Dean For America, New Hampshire waiting for the storm.nh_gang.JPG
It's really been an experience to see them in action over the past year and they were at their best tonight. Dorie, Karen, Michael, Matthew, Mora(?), Justin and Chad were just some of the hardworking NH Dean Team telling the truth and not having to spin.

You can imagine how big the New Hampshire chapter of the NEA endorsement for Dean on top of Gore was for them.

Speaking of Gore, the whole debate was dripping with that subject coming on the heals of his endorsement of Dean for President. It was especially interesting to hear from Terry McCauliffe in his "standing behind all nine candidates mode..." With all that Global Crossing stock he cashed in at its peak before the rest of America got screwed--he's certainly not worried about his job.

I had a nice chat with Carl Cameron of FOX, but had to bite my lip to keep from asking the ethics in journalism stuff. Maybe we'll catch up with him again down the road. He's damn good at what he does and was extremely generous of his time with me.

DeanTV.org did catch up with CNN's Candy Crowley again.

Crowley.JPG

I was able to follow up on how our DeanTV Network Feature show sounded to the executives at CNN. Candy said she's still hasn't heard back but Dean's success is helping us get our message heard.

I caught up with MSNBC's Craig CrawfordCC.JPG

He's always saying something different which leads me to believe he's trying at least to get it right. Dean Nation needs to beware of this following Video quote, however, because: NOT A SINGLE VOTE HAS BEEN CAST AND WE NEED TO DRAG OUR FRIENDS TO THE POLLS, RAIN, SHINE, OR BLIZZARD.

Windows
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

QuickTime
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

CNN's Tucker Carlson
TuckerCarlson.JPG

admitted how much he likes Dean after he reminded me that cloth diapers are bad for the environment (he has four kids)...

QuickTime
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

Windows
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

...then he and Paul Begala put Trippi in the CROSSFIRE:

trippi_in_crossfire.JPG

QuickTime
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

Windows
56KDownload file
100KDownload file

All of the candidates were surrounded all the time but it was pretty humorous to see how the journalists spun around in such a frenzy to ask the same questions. Let's face it, after Gore weighing in they would all get to see the same things; Lieberman cry and sniffle, Gephardt's serious I AM THE ALTERNATIVE face, Kerry seeming a little tired of it all, Sharpton taking himself so seriously--then cracking a joke, Clark trying to convince himself that he wants to be a politician. Then there's poor lonely, smiling CMB. As usual, Edwards just kind of slid through--and Kucinich--IMAGINEing that he's on the dating game show while making some pretty sensible demands.

The next day on the Dean tour was even more fun despite sleeping two hours after catching up with old friends. I'll save that for another day 'cause this is getting too long and I want to see my kid.

Sorry, no offense, but I can't allow duplication of the video. Talk to me if you have interest in Pictures at DeanTV.org where this post originates from. Not that anyone gives a rat's *ss...Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism