Distortions Abound

Yesterday I got a bit aggravated at things like this, where a single comment posted to the Blog for America was used to portray all Dean supporters as mourning Saddam's capture in ways that clearly contradicted reality. But I moved on, figuring that if people had nothing better to attack than a single blog comment which for all I know could have been posted by someone just trying to mock us, everyone would just dismiss it as the campaign got going and they saw the real Dean.

Tonight, however, I got home and turned on CBS News while eating dinner, wondering how they would cover Dean's truly nifty foreign policy address linked to above. I was sorely disappointed. They mentioned Dean twice in the entire newscast. The first was in their discussion of Bush's press conference, when they mentioned Dean's comment about the Saudis providing knowledge of September 11. Bush deriding the notion was given full play. Then, later, they mentioned how most Democrats praised the capture of Saddam Hussein, "but..." Howard Dean insisted it had not made Americans safer. (I forget the exact words to all this...maybe someone else has them.)

Friends, the view of Dean as some far-left radical peacenik appears entrenched, and our candidate isn't going to dislodge it without our help. I've only been a Deaniac for nine days, so I don't know what we do at times like these, but whatever it is, let's go do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism