Dean is a metrosexual. No, he's not

Deans goofy side has been on display recently - we all recall how Dean took a physical leap onto a moving truck... now he's engaging in leaps of a more verbal nature:

Dean declared himself a "metrosexual," the buzz phrase for straight men in touch with their feminine sides, as he touted his accomplishments in "equal justice" for gay and lesbian couples.

But then he waffled.

"I'm a square," Dean declared, after professing his metrosexuality to a Boulder breakfast audience with an anecdote about being called handsome by a gay man. "I like (rapper) Wyclef Jean and everybody thinks I'm very hip, but I am really a square, as my kids will tell you. I don't even get to watch television. I've heard the term (metrosexual), but I don't know what it means."


Maybe I'm just drinking the Kool Aid, but I find this kind of thing hysterically cool. Garance Franke-Ruta, the Dean-sympathetic Senior Editor over at TAPPED, couldn't resist poking fun at the Governor's hipster side:

For the record, no man who "has been known to stuff pretzels into his pockets," goes anywhere with "shaving nicks on his neck, uneven fingernails and wrinkles from a hanger creasing his suit at the knees" (as has been documented in The Washington Post) and still wears a 20-year-old suit he bought for $125 at J.C. Penny's (as Dean claimed on The Tonight Show that he does) can call himself a metrosexual.
...
Everyone following Dean closely on the campaign trail knows two things. First, the man is an unrepentant cheapskate -- during the weekend before the last debate, while most other campaign staffers stayed in a Detroit skyscraper, Team Dean slept at a budget hotel. And second, he wears very old clothes.

"Everybody thinks I'm very hip, but I am really a square," Dean told the Denver Post today, backpedaling from his intitial claim.

And that, alas, is the verifiable truth.


And exactly why we love him :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism