True Story

So I'm in a cab yesterday and I notice the driver is reading an article printed from the Web about Bush and Iraq. I ask him if he's heard of Howard Dean. He replies,
Howard Dean? He's my MAN! Do you think he can beat Bush? I *know* he can beat Bush! I came to this country from Sierra Leone, and I've never given money to any politician. I'm sending him some money because Howard Dean is my MAN! I don't have a checking account or a credit card, so I'm getting a money order to send him some cash. I'm a legal resident, not a citizen. I know legal residents can send him money. Do you know if I can volunteer for him even though I'm not a citizen? I think I can do everything except vote. I'm telling all my friends who *are* citizens to vote for Dean and send him money. He's going to be the next president and he needs our help.
I ask him if he knows that he needs to fill out a campaign finance form in order for his funds to be matched, and he pulls out the form that he's downloaded and printed out from the web.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism