Veep alert

BLITZER: Let's move on and talk about General Wesley Clark. He may or may not, in the coming days, decide to become number 10, the tenth Democratic hopeful for the White House.

You have high regard for him. Would you consider him as a potential running mate?

DEAN: Yes. There would be a great many people, of course, that would be considered as potential running mates.

And I must say, I think it's much too early to discuss potential running mates. I mean, we're five months from the time the first official vote and delegate-selection process takes place, so I find it very premature.

But I think Wes Clark, he is somebody I keep in close touch with. He's a terrific person, very bright, very capable, very thoughtful. Our views coincide on a number of matters, and he is a -- I certainly can't say enough good things about him. It'd be tough to run against him.

BLITZER: Well, if he decides to run, would you be disappointed that he throws his hat in the ring?

DEAN: Not a bit. You know, I think this is a democracy, and I never get disappointed when people throw their hats in the ring. You know, he has every right to get out there and give his views and do the Iowa and New Hampshire and so forth thing, and I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed.


I'm convinced. There's just too much evidence. And - with Clark, comes Clinton's endorsement. developing...

UPDATE - Trippi also goes on the record:

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean's campaign manager, Joe Trippi, said it could be a struggle even to get Clark's name on the ballot in certain states, where thousands of signatures are required. "I don't think the question is whether he is articulate enough, credible enough or does he have the stature. ... He's General Wesley Clark, of course he does," said Trippi. "The logistics are going to be very tough. It took us seven months to get where we are today."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism