Our donation dollars at work

Well, I suppose I can fill in the details of what I hinted at the other day. Dean for America has generously offered to let me tag along for part of the Sleepless Summer Tour. I'll be cross-posting both here and over on the O-blog with reports from Seattle, Spokane, Austin, and San Antonio. I've got my flights booked, my car rented, my digicam batteries charged, and my accomodations arranged (thanks Daniel - you rock!).
I'm really looking forward to getting out of Texas even if only for a day. The Seattle weather will be a welcome respite from the 100+ degree heat we've been tolerating for the past month. Plus, I hear Seattle has some great vegetarian restaraunts (don't get me started on how hard it is to find a vegan meal down here in steak country) and microbrews.
Most of all, I'm excited about meeting Dean supporters from across the country. The community that we are collectively building continues to inspire me. When I put out the call for a place to stay, several people from Seattle for Dean stepped up right away. Supporters in San Antonio have helped me arrange for a trip to pick up my rental car Monday night as well. And all this for a stranger! It's really incredible and I want to send a big thank you to everyone who has helped me finalise these plans (including the amazing Julie D. at DFA-HQ for arranging my flights). I'll make sure to file some good reports and pictures from the road. If you spot me on tour (scroll down about 1/3) feel free to say hello. I can't wait to meet everyone - see you on Sunday and Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism