Anna's Seattle report

Anna has been having trouble with net access, so head over to the O-blog for her first few reports. Hopefully she will get access soon to update Dean Nation!

Excerpts:

I spent most of today walking around and speaking with my fellow Dean
supporters. Their reasons for supporting Dean were diverse - the economy,
the reconstruction of Iraq, equal rights for all, and health care. It's the same thing I read every day on this blog in the comments section. People are passionate in their support for Dean. They are impressed with his forthrightness and his willingness to take the fight directly to those responsible for the mess we're in today. They are ready to stand up against George W Bush and his destructive, reckless policies. People are tired of waiting for something to change, so they're taking action.
...
As for Dean's speech, as usual, I bawled like a little baby. There's just something about seeing him live that touches me in my bones. I saw the same thing on the faces of people in the crowd. I saw grown men and women with tears of joy streaming down their faces. Finally a politician gets it! Finally we have a candidate who is willing to fight for us, and we have a candidate who's calling it like it is. The frankness of Dean's speech never ceases to amaze me - he just "tells the truth and Republicans think it's hell". And it touches the hearts of all who come and listen.
...
Anyone who says Dean is peaking too early hasn't been paying attention. The crowds are getting bigger and bigger and you can feel the momentum as the Sleepless Summer tour heads to New York. I can only imagine what's going to take place there after what I saw today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism