Gov. Dean to guest-blog on Lawrence Lessig's

Yup, Howard Dean will guest-blog for Larence Lessig while Lessig is on vacation, all next week! I wish we could convince the Governor to cross-post to Dean Nation :)

So it is time for me to take a break from this space too. But I’ve arranged for a much more interesting guest blogger while I’m gone: former governor, and presidential candidate, Howard Dean.

This is, I believe, the first time a presidential candidate has been a guest blogger. But it is an obvious extension of blogs and the process of becoming President. Campaigns are all about meeting different groups and talking about ideas. Where better than a blog?

I have great respect for Governor Dean, and especially the clarity of his voice. I have even greater respect now that I see the doctor makes house calls. So Governor, welcome to this tiny server at Stanford: You’ll find perfect acoustics provided by MovableType, and an interesting mix of views provided by the readers.

And to everyone else, enjoy the week of something totally different. Dean is on starting Monday. I should be back the week following.


My feeling is that this is important, in laying the groundwork for a Slashdot interview. The Slashdot/EFF crowd is a natural demographic for Dean. Next week will be immensely important, so bookmark Lessig and keep tuned here on Dean Nation, we will probably reprint his posts in full.

UPDATE: Lessig clarifies in comments:

Good point, and I should have made this clear: Dean’s guest blogging says nothing about Dean’s views about the issues I’ve been pushing here. I’ve never discussed these issues with any member of the Dean campaign. And as we don’t (yet) determine elections, I’m not even sure that Dean has worked these issues out himself.

So please don’t read anything into this more than the obvious: This is yet another way in which the Dean campaign has understood something about the net.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism