Fmr. Sen. Metzenbaum Endorses Dean

Don't you just love endorsements?
CINCINNATI - Former Democratic Sen. Howard Metzenbaum endorsed presidential candidate Howard Dean on Thursday despite the candidacy of fellow Ohioan Dennis Kucinich.

"I like Dennis Kucinich. I find no fault with him," Metzenbaum said during a joint appearance with Dean. "But Howard Dean provides all the qualifications ... we need in a president, and that's not to denigrate Dennis Kucinich. In any horse race, you have to pick one horse, and I picked Howard Dean."

Metzenbaum represented Ohio in the U.S. Senate for three terms before retiring in 1995.

Asked if he thinks Dean, the former Vermont governor, can beat President Bush Metzenbaum replied: "I don't think I'd be here if he was a loser."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism