Will the real John Kerry please stand up?


Senator John Kerry: Having It Both Ways On Iraq


Senator Kerry Then
Accepting the Administration Case on Face Value


Senate Floor (10/9/02): In the clearest presentation to date, the President laid out a strong, comprehensive, and compelling argument on why Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs are a threat to the United States and the international community.

I am pleased that our pressure, and the questions we have asked, and the criticisms that have been raised publicly, the debate in our democracy has pushed this administration to adopt important changes, both in language as well as in the promises that they make.

Senate Foreign Relations Committee (2/6/03): "I think the case you [Powell] made yesterday speaks for itself."

Boston Globe (2/6/03) “But, on its face, the evidence against Saddam Hussein appears real and compelling."

Senator Kerry on His Ability to Ask the Tough Questions

"I ask better questions [on national security]. I know what I'm looking for. I have a better sense of consequences.” (The Bulletin’s Frontrunner, 5/27/03)

Senator Kerry This Week
Blameless, Cautious


May 30, 2003: Those is Congress who supported the war are “blameless should no evidence turn up.” (AP Wire, 5/20/03)

June 15, 2003: “I think it would be irresponsible of me at this point to draw conclusions prior to all the evidence being on the table.” (This Week, 6/15/03)

June 16, 2003: “[I am] cautious about questioning the president's motives and good faith…Look, I think we just have to wait and see how it plays out. What's important is that there be an investigation of the intelligence and evaluation of what went wrong. ... (Hotline. 6/16/2003)

What’s Changed, Senator Kerry?

June 18, 2003: “He misled every one of us...That's one reason why I'm running...I will not let him off the hook throughout this campaign with respect to America's credibility and credibility to me because, if he lied, he lied to me personally...” (AP, 6/18/03)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism