LA Times Q&A

This Q&A session is meant as a companion to the LA Times profile. All the candidates will get their turn. Not much new here, but very valuable as promotional material for supporter recruitment. Some of the highlights:

Q: What will be America's greatest foreign policy challenge in the next 20 years?

A: Undoing the damage to international relations caused by the Bush administration's recklessness.
...
Q: Would you explicitly require that anyone you nominate to the Supreme Court commit to uphold the Roe vs. Wade decision that guaranteed a legal right to abortion?

A: I would appoint federal judges based on experience and merit. I would not employ litmus tests, and I would not ask prospective nominees how they would vote in any particular case. However, I would review a nominee's writings and professional record to ensure that they share my basic view of the Constitution. I believe that the Constitution guarantees Americans certain fundamental rights, including the right to privacy. The men and women I appoint to the bench would share that outlook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism