Dean Meetups are a huge success!

This morning, I received the following email from William Finkel, the man behind meetup.com:

Hi everyone,
This is William from Meetup.
I wanted to let you know about last night's Meetups and their huge success. From the polls I've been receiving; it seems that the New York, Boston, Minneapolis, and Baltimore Meetups have essentially declared themselves as field offices for the campaign. THIS IS AWESOME!!! TRULY, TRULY GRASSROOTS! New York has even started a Yahoo! Group 'NewYorkforDean'. I'm in awe of all of your resourcefulness.
Next month's Meetup promises to be even bigger now that the campaign is linking to us from their homepage. Please make sure to sign up for their mailing list, that's the only way that the campaign can maintain direct communication with all of you and harness your abilities.
If any of you are interested in publicizing your Meetups locally through flyers; please let me know, and I'll email you some signs.
Hope you can make it next month,
William

I'd like to offer some advice to everyone participating in these meetups: collect money! While it's fantastic that we're getting the word out, what the campaign needs most is donations, donations, donations! See, I'm using the old conservative tactic of repeating something until it sticks. ::smile:: My point is that while you are creating grassroots support, you should also be trying to get as many people as possible to support Dean financially. During the early stages of this campaign, raking in money is a priority. We all know that money talks, right? If the Dean campaign gets enough donations early on, they will be stronger in the long run. I would hate to see Howard have to drop out of the race early due to financial concerns. I'm not saying this is even an issue at this point. I'm just saying that I really believe in this guy, and if he's not the Democratic nominee I will be extremely disappointed. Seriously folks. Look at the other choices. Take a good hard look at them and ask yourself if they'll be able to withstand the Bush juggernaut. Yea, that's what I thought.

Now go donate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism