Southerners size up Dean's chances

Thanks to Pfb for pointing this one out on one of the comment threads. It's from Vermont Public Radio:
Still, Dean fights hard, one vote at a time. He won a convert last weekend as he was going to Congressman Clyburn's fish fry. A homeless man named Lucky Frasier stopped Dean on the street:

(Frasier) "When he told me he was running as a candidate, I didn't believe him. I said man you must be telling me a joke! And he said, no."

(Dillon) Frasier says Dean got him past security so he could enjoy the meal of fried catfish.

(Frasier) "He said, 'You hungry?' I said, 'Yeah.' He say, 'Come on.' And then when we got to the place with the fish fry, one of the people didn't want to let me in. And he says, 'That fella there - he's with me.'"

(Dillon) Frasier wore a bright blue Dean button all weekend. He's a registered voter, and he says there's no doubt he'll vote for Dean in the primary.


This is just a segment of the story. You can read all of it (or listen to it) by following the link above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism