Gaining momentum in New Hampshire, courtesy of the Vermont press

A favorable article has been published in Vermont's Seven Days newspaper. The reporter was sent to a recent New Hampshire fundraiser to gauge Dean's support. He found what we all know already: Dean is a passionate candidate who gets people excited. Here is a quick snippet from the article:
"Heading home on I-89, Jordan scans the AM dial in search of a right-wing talk radio station — mostly to help us stay awake. Mean-while, I start thumbing through my notebook to see what observations I jotted down during Dean’s speech. A wave of anxiety washes over me as I realize I don’t have any. While Dean was talking, I got swept up by the energy in the room. I’ve attended plenty of good political speeches, even a few excellent ones, including several by Mario Cuomo. But Dean spoke with the kind of honesty you don’t expect from a politician so much as from… well, a family physician. Are Vermonters really surprised to hear him called a “fiery speaker?” A few minutes into his speech, I was amazed that anyone would describe him otherwise. And I’ll admit it: A couple times I felt a chill run down my spine, as though I were watching something historical, like an old newsreel of a Harry Truman stump speech."

I believe the significance of this article is that the Vermont press (even if it's the alterna-press) is beginning to print more positive things about Dr. Dean. Could this signal a trend? Is the press finally beginning to take him seriously, like we do?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Saudi Arabia

Five Things Dean Supporters Can Do Right Now to Fight Terrorism